Located on the North Sea coast, Fryatt Hotel & Bar is a newly refurbished traditional hotel and bar, located a stone’s throw away from the ferry terminal and beach.
The name stems from Captain Charles Algernon Fryatt, British Marinder and Master of the Great Eastern Steamship and local Harwich Hero.
Fryatt Hotel & Bar offers flexible accommodation with 2 cottages, set at the back of the guest house and sleep up to 4 guests each. There are 16 rooms with heating, a flat-screen TV and Free Wi-Fi. Some rooms have shared bathrooms and all accommodation has a simple, modern décor.
The pub serves a great selection of draft beers, ales, along with wines and spirits. There is also a pool table, dart board, BT Sport and Sky TV.
The A120 Road is a 2-minute drive away and connects you to Colchester in just 35 minutes. London is approximately 85 miles from the guest house.
The hotel has a free car park to the rear with limited spaces. For an enjoyable stay choose the Fryatt Hotel & Bar, Harwich
Set at the back of the property, this cottage has private access and off-road parking. It has a double room with a double and single bed and a lounge with a sofa bed. The bathroom features a walk-in shower and living room has a 32-inch TV. Free WiFi is accessible in the adjacent pub.Book Now
Here at the Fryatt Hotel & Bar we play host to a variety of events throughout the year.
Halfpenny Pier in Harwich is one of the Essex town’s main attractions with visitors enjoying a stroll along its Victorian wooden planks and taking in views of the river and the massive container ships using the nearby port of Felixstowe. The name Halfpenny Pier is derived from the original toll charged to users of the pier. Today in the summer months the pier has a number of outlets selling refreshments and drinks, whilst towards the end of the pier fishermen can be seen casting lines into the water.Get Map
The Electric Palace cinema, Harwich, is one of the oldest purpose-built cinemas to survive complete with its silent screen, original projection room and ornamental frontage still intact. It was designed by the architect Harold Ridley Hooper of Ipswich, Suffolk and opened on 29 November 1911.Get Map
The Redoubt was built between 1808 and 1810 to protect the port of Harwich against the threat of Napoleonic invasion. It was part of the scheme that included the construction of 29 Martello Towers on the East Anglian coast. The Redoubt is of circular shape, approximately 200ft in diameter, with a central parade ground of 85ft diameter. Hoists lifted shells from the lower level to the gun emplacements. It is similar in design to earlier redoubts at Dymchurch and Eastbourne.Get Map